|Company||Rainmaker Business Technologies|
|Location||Sandymount, Dublin 4|
|Job type||Fulltime, Permanent, On-premises|
|Additional benefits||Income Protection, Death In Service Benefit|
|Job Description||Microsoft SQL Server – Database Administrator (DBA)|
|Minimum Experience||4+ Years Post Qualification Commercial Experience|
|Qualifications||BSc. In Software Engineering or a similar technical discipline|
Rainmaker Business Technologies provides Software Products and Consultancy to the Airline industry in Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Database Administrator for a permanent position based at our offices in Sandymount, Dublin 4.
The successful candidate will be an experienced DBA with strong enterprise experience on the Microsoft SQL Server Platform. They will have excellent T-SQL skills, database design, database optimisation/tuning and experience using SQL Server Integration Services to orchestrate Data Extraction & Transformation tasks. The ideal candidate will have experience with other RDBMS such as Oracle or Pervasive and experience with enterprise integration patterns between different systems. This role will also provide an excellent opportunity to join a cross functional engineering team utilising the cloud and the latest technologies and techniques.
- The design, architecting, implementation and support of our data platform including testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases.
- Participate in and/or lead the requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support of database technology solutions.
- Ensure that the solutions developed are to current industry best practice and comply with all internal standards
- Complete the technical design, development and implementation of complex ETL suites to manage comprehensive data integration requirements between core transaction processing systems, data stores / repositories, data warehouse structures and potentially provisioning data through to analytics data cubes
- Work closely with the technical team to understand the data architecture, existing ETL patterns and schema, technical data management objectives and the structures within the proprietary Rainmaker Airline Operations Data Store
- Develop new integration packages to meet evolving product requirements for both cloud and on-prem instances
- Refactor and enhance existing ETL’s to incorporate new capabilities / improve performance / improve resilience and apply best technical practice
- Work directly with the Technical Team Leads, Technical Architects and DBA as part of an overall design and development team taking a view across all products offerings and all platforms including mobile and cloud
What We Are Looking For?
We’re looking for an experienced DBA who is passionate about the stewardship and management of Data, integration & analytics. We have a growing platform of enterprise database driven & analytics products built on SQL Server which integrate with other products in the Airline Industry. The role requires a person with the ability to work on their own, or as part of a larger group to deliver best in class product with the airline operations industry.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4/6 years experience in enterprise MS SQL database design and development
- Knowledge and experience in the latest database design methodology and tools such as Visio EA, Embarcadero ER Studio, Oracle Designer
- Design and Development experience for ETLs and data/system integration using best practise integration patterns
- Experience in provisioning database environments on public cloud offerings (Azure – preferred)
- Database optimisation and tuning for large enterprise databases
- Developing database triggers, procedures and packages using PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Experience with agile development methodology and DevOps practises
- DBA/Database developer experience as part of enterprise application/services development team
- Detailed knowledge and experience in developing and supporting OR data mapping tools such as Entity Framework and Hibernate
- Microsoft .Net & C# development experience
- Data warehouse and OLAP experience would be nice to have
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team
Other Desirable Experience & Skills
The following would be beneficial but not necessary:
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP Cubes & the MDX Query Language
- Experience with Pervasive SQL and Oracle
- Involvement in Development Related or Open Source Communities
Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer & Microsoft Certified Professional Developer