|Company||Rainmaker Business Technologies|
|Location||88 Sandymount, Sandymount Village, Dublin 4|
|Job type||Fulltime, Permanent, hybrid or remote working|
|Salary||€50,000-70,000 depending on experience|
|Additional benefits||Income Protection, Death In Service Benefit|
|Job Title||Data Engineer|
|Minimum Experience||4+ Years Post Qualification Commercial Experience|
|Qualifications||Degree In Computer Science (or a related field) or
IT training courses and database certifications.
Rainmaker Business Technologies is a software development company that provides software products and consultancy to the Airline industry in Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia and is widely regarded as an industry leader in the field of airline operations and cost management software. We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Data Engineer for a permanent position.
Rainmaker is seeking a smart and critical-thinking Data Engineer with a balanced set of skills and experience in Microsoft SQL Server database design & development as well as in Microsoft .Net C# software development. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining our data pipelines, ETL processes, and data integration solutions which are responsible for providing critical data to our products. The role also presents an opportunity to grow into a team lead position and provides a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Design and develop data integration solutions using Microsoft SQL Server database development and .NET software development with C#
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of the core data being delivered to the Rainmaker processing engines & products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize data requirements.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data integration issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Design, develop, and maintain databases, including schema design, indexing, and optimization.
- Develop and maintain documentation for data pipelines, ETL processes, and data integration solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in data engineering to support the company in its Azure Cloud migration project.
- Support the rest of the company to automate & streamline manual processes and testing.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in enterprise MS SQL database development & design
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Experience with .NET software development using C#
- Enterprise experience with MS SSIS for ETLs
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team
Other Desirable Experience & Skills
The following would be beneficial but not necessary:
- Experience and interest in automating manual processes
- Knowledge of REST API services and how to process JSON payloads using .NET
- Experience with Azure SQL and Azure Data Factory
- Microsoft SQL Certifications
- Full-time position, working hours are flexible
- Office-based in Dublin with the possibility of remote work
- Occasional travel may be required
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary range: €50,000-€70,000 per annum (commensurate with experience)
- Opportunity for growth to team lead position
- Income Protection
- Death In Service Benefit