Rainmaker Business Technologies provides Software Products and Consultancy to the Airline industry in Europe and North America and is growing into other jurisdictions. We are currently seeking to recruit a .Net Software Developer with strong C# and T-SQL skills for a permanent position based at our offices in Sandymount, Dublin 4.
The successful candidate will be a developer with good commercial experience in Microsoft .Net and SQL Server technologies. The successful candidate will participate as a core member of the Development Team. This role will also provide an excellent opportunity to take part in the full software development life cycle utilising the latest technologies and techniques.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for all round developers who are passionate about technology & learning new things. Our current analytical product suite is built for web based & mobile platforms on top of OLAP Cubes modelled specifically for the airline operational environment which can also be directly accessed by end user analysts to gain insight into their data using tools such as Microsoft Excel. Software includes WCF and Windows services and messaging frameworks like RabbitMQ. Our products utilize SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS. A successful developer is guaranteed a challenging and rewarding opportunity across a wide range of Microsoft technologies.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Third level Degree in Software Engineering or an equivalent qualification
- Minimum 3+ years post qualification commercial experience
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from design, implementation, delivery & maintenance
- Development experience with .Net and specifically C# and some or all of the following:
- ASP.Net Web forms \ MVC
- Windows Services
- Web and WCF Services
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2014) skills
- Strong T-SQL required
- Experience working with highly normalised relational databases
- Data Modelling and Stored Procedures
- Understanding of Performance best practises and diagnosis capabilities.
- Excellent Interpersonal & communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Excellent knowledge of OO Design Principles, Design Patterns & Best Practices
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail and good organisation skills.
Other Desirable Experience & Skills
The following would be beneficial but not necessary
- Experience with some or all of the following Business Intelligence technologies
- Microsoft Integration Services
- Microsoft SQL Analysis Services (OLAP and Tabular models)
- Microsoft Reporting Services
- Data Ware House design and ETL implementation
- HTML5 and Web API
- Exposure to Cloud Development :- Primarily Azure but other services also beneficial
- Experience with Automation
- Selenium & Automated Testing
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment – Team City etc.
- PowerShell and batch scripting
- XML & XSLT
- Experience working on enterprise level products with multiple customers and customizations.
- Data Analytics
- Microsoft Excel :- Pivot Tables, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View
- Tableau and any other visualization tools
- Data Mining and Machine Learning Algorithms
- MDX and DAX
- Data Visualisation
- Experience building interactive dashboards
- Mobile friendly\responsive web sites
- Experience working with large datasets
- Source Control :- SVN, Git
- Excellent analytical skills
- Automated Test & Mocking Frameworks (MSTest, NUnit, MOQ, NMock etc.)
- Involvement in Development Related or Open Source Communities. E.g.
MSDN, Developer.ie, StackOverflow, CodePlex, CodeProject, MTUG, ALT.net, Bit Bucket
- Microsoft certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer & Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- Airline industry experience would be very beneficial
- Implementing & delivering scalable software to our customers’ needs that will run in a high volume multi-threaded environment
- Be familiar with common design patterns
- Ensuring that the solutions developed are to current industry best practice and comply with all internal standards
- Develop unit tests that can be executed within our automated continuous integration environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision as part of a development team while providing guidance and technical mentoring to more junior team members
Note: Applicants must have a working VISA.